What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Understand the rights that consumers have when purchasing goods.
Understand the action that can be taken by consumers who have a rights issue when purchasing goods.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Describe the rights a consumer has when deciding to return shoes or clothing before wearing
- Describe the rights a consumer has when an item they have purchased turns out to be faulty
- Describe the returns policies of two major high street retailers
- Describe the returns policy of one major online retailer
- Provide one example of a consumer rights issue
- State what steps they would take if they were faced with a consumer rights issue