What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Respond to and engage in an event which explores the cultures of another country.
Develop an awareness of another country.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Engage in a cultural celebration from another country and actively participate in drama activities eg the lion dance for Chinese New Year
- Express preferences in relation to different music, smells, foods, colours and textures
- Identify six key features of the celebration using objects, photographs and pictures
- Show an awareness of the name of the country being explored
- Create a two dimensional representation of a key feature of the country eg national flag, traditional costume, traditional dish
- Use short phrases in own communication system which describe key features of the celebration