What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Students read closely for structure.
Explain writers choices and the effect these choices have.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Study at least three story openings
- Explain how the structure creates suspense or mystery
- Write about similarities and differences between the structure of the stories you have read
- Explain how the choice of structure affect what readers think
- Summarise the techniques used to create suspense and intrigue