What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to recognise the way language changes over time.
Be able to compare modern and historical words.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify five words that are no longer used
- Identify five words that did not exist 50 years ago
- Create a glossary of older slang words
- Create a glossary of modern slang words
- Identify 10 words that originated in another country
- Identify what words have changed in meaning
- Identify words that have stayed the same
- Explain why slang exists and how it is used