What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Evaluate written instructions and their layout.
Write their own instructions.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Read two different written set of instructions; such as recipes; "how to" articles or sport techniques
- Summarise the similarities and differences in layout and language used
- State the benefits of using these different styles when writing instructions
- Choose a topic or activity they are good at; a particular sport; a level in a computer game; a hobby etc
- Identify key steps or information
- Use an appropriate layout and structure; write a set of instructions that can be followed by someone who is new to this topic or activity
- Evaluate effectiveness