What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Read news stories for meaning.
Write articles for a younger audience.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Select five news stories from a newspaper or news based website
- Demonstrate an understanding of the meaning of the stories
- Answer a question about the content of each story
- Highlight words or ideas that younger readers may struggle with and give appropriate alternatives
- Re-write five articles for a younger audience
- Use appropriate language and word selection
- Use appropriate structure and font