What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to recount texts.
Write a short, simple recount.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two recount texts
- Recall key events orally
- Retell events in chronological order
- Express an opinion or feeling about an event they are recounting
- Write in simple sentences using initial letter sounds and known words
- Write events in chronological order
- Label or caption a photograph or illustration