What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen attentively and respond to texts in this genre.
Write a simple argument on a familiar topic.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to a variety of texts in this genre
- Discuss suitable titles for an argument
- Give oral evidence or examples to back up points
- Explain the difference between fact and opinion
- Share a personal opinion
- Write a title to an argument
- Write an opening paragraph explaining what the debate is about
- Write short paragraphs 'for' and 'against'
- Give evidence or examples to back up points
- Write a conclusion re-stating the topic discussed and giving an opinion
- Use present tense verbs [unless writing about history]
- Use 3rd person