What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to argument and/or discussion texts.
Write a simple argument/discussion text.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two or three texts in this genre
- Participate in arguments and/or discussions
- Give reasons 'for' and 'against'
- Express an opinion
- Identify the difference between fact and opinion
- Write an explanatory title for an argument
- Write an opening sentence explaining what the argument is about
- Write simple sentences detailing 'for' and 'against' arguments
- Express a personal opinion
- Use present tense verbs (unless writing about historical events)
- Use 3rd person