What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to texts in this genre.
Create a short, simple written argument.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two or three texts in this genre
- Choose between two different opinions in a debate or discussion
- Express an opinion
- Give a simple reason for one opinion
- Write between three or four sentences expressing an opinion on a topic of personal relevance
- Give one or two reasons to support an argument
- Use the word 'because'
- Experiment with capital letters and full stops