What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to texts in this genre.
Create a short, simple personal letter, postcard, email or message.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to four texts from these text types: personal letters, postcards, emails, messages
- Express preferences about each text
- Talk about a significant event prior to writing
- Choose a format to write in from; a letter; postcard; email or message
- Begin to write in simple sentences using initial letter sounds and known words
- Experiment with capital letters and full stops
- Express an opinion, preference and or feeling
- Write about a significant event in the chosen format