What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to texts in this genre.
Create a short, simple explanation text.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to three explanation texts
- Express an opinion or preference on each text
- Explain the purpose of explanation texts
- Use some explanatory words and phrases
- Label, caption or sequence a series of illustrations or photographs
- Create a simple title for the sequence
- Use the visual prompts to write three to five simple sentences using initial letter sounds and known words.
- Write factual statements about a familiar topic experimenting with capital letters and full stops