What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to texts in this genre.
Create a simple biography.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- State what a biography is
- Listen to two or more simple biographical texts
- Describe a character orally
- Name three key events in the life of a well-known person (dead or alive)
- Use the past/present tense to correctly explain orally why this person was/is considered significant
- Describe a few key characteristics of a significant (living or deceased) person
- List three significant events in their life
- Write consistently in the past or present tense, as appropriate
- Write in simple sentences using initial letter sounds and known words
- Caption a photograph