What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to texts in this genre.
Write a simple autobiography.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- State what an autobiography is
- Listen to two or three texts in this genre
- Describe themself orally using adjectives in grammatically correct simple sentences
- Speak about key memories and achievements
- Recall significant life events
- Describe themself using adjectives in grammatically correct simple sentences
- Record key memories; achievements; and significant life events
- Order these event in chronological order
- Write in 1st person, past tense
- Use connectives such as: 'and', 'but', 'so', 'then', 'because' and 'when'
- Use capital letters, full stops and commas in lists
- Caption an illustration or photograph