What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to texts in this genre.
Write a short, simple contemporary story.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two or three contemporary texts
- Orally describe characters
- Orally describe a contemporary setting
- Discuss and debate contemporary issues raised by texts read
- Describe a contemporary setting
- Use adjectives to describe characters
- Create events based on contemporary characters
- Create a problem for the main character to overcome
- Write a conclusion to resolve the problem
- Write in 1st person, present tense