What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to contemporary fiction.
Create a short, simple story in this genre.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two texts in this genre
- Identify the key problem or conflict in the story
- Engage in discussions around one or more contemporary issues raised by the text
- Express a personal opinion on one issue
- Select three adjectives to label an illustration of a character
- Select three adjectives to label an illustration of a contemporary setting
- Match illustrated problems or conflicts to solutions
- Write three or four simple sentences describing character, setting or problem and solution
- Use initial letter sounds and know words
- Experiment with capital letters and full stops