What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to poetry.
Create simple poems.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to five to ten simple rhyming poems
- Recognise and join in with repetitive words and phrases
- Recognise simple rhymes
- Identify favourite poems and rhymes
- Generate word lists on a familiar topic
- Follow a repeating pattern
- Use rhyming word banks to make simple rhyming couplets
- Use basic alliteration
- Write a simple poem