What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to texts in this genre.
Create a simple news report.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two texts in this genre
- Identify headlines and discuss their purpose
- Locate captions
- Identify at least two of the five Ws (who, what, where, when, why) in a report
- Invent a headline for a news event or choose correctly from a set of options
- Match photos to captions
- Sequence images or symbols for each of the 5 W's
- Write a simple sentence for each image using initial letter sounds and known words