What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to texts in this genre.
Wtite a simple fantasy story.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two or three fantasy texts
- Participate in drama and/or discussion activities to explore ideas prior to writing
- Describe a character orally
- Describe a fantasy setting orally
- Write a gripping opening
- Use adjectives to describe a character
- Use adjectives to describe a fantasy setting
- Include a problem for the main character to overcome
- Resolve the problem at the end
- Use capital letters, full stops and commas in lists accurately
- Use connectives such as 'and', 'so', 'then', 'but', 'because' and 'when'