What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Read and respond to texts in this genre.
Write a simple news report.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two or three new articles
- Explain why people read and write news article
- Explain what a heading and subheading is
- Express an opinion or make a relevant comment
- Write an opening sentence describing an incident or event
- Write simple sentences giving details about an incident or event
- Use capital letters, full stops and commas in lists
- Write mostly in 3rd person, past tense
- Caption or label a photograph, diagram or illustration
- Write a concluding sentence re-stating the main facts