What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen, respond to and participate in reading play scripts.
Write a simple scene for play script.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Explain why people write plays and who reads play scripts
- Participate in drama activities and act out simple dramatic scenes
- Orally describe characters
- Discuss key terminology such as: actor, plot, stage, costumes, script, rehearsal and props
- Write a four or five line dialogue between two imaginary characters
- Use colons to separate speaker from speech
- Start a new line for each speaker
- List two relevant props
- Write a simple description of the setting above the dialogue