What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Listen and respond to stories in this genre.
Write a simple myth or legend.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Listen to two or three myths and legends
- Use drama to act out characters in a myth and/or legend
- Describe types of characters in a myth and/or legend
- Explain a typical setting of a myth and/or legend
- Use adjectives to describe an appropriate setting
- Use adjectives to describe one or two 'good' and/or 'evil' characters
- Write an opening that hooks the reader
- Create a problem or conflict that the main character has to overcome
- Include magic and/or a journey
- Write a conclusion where bad characters face consequences