What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Show an understanding of the basic science of light.
Take part in experiments to investigate light.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Name at least two light sources
- State how light travels eg in straight lines
- Give an example of how light helps us to see
- Safely use equipment to investigate light, under close supervision
- Show how light can be reflected
- Show how a shadow is created