What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
- Be able to purposefully use a switch in order to cause an effect on more than one occasion.
Be able to use two switches to create different effects or to make a choice.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Purposefully use a switch to create an effect eg activate a switch to keep an activity or machine playing, activate a switch to complete a simple sequence or in order to start or stop an activity or machine.
- Demonstrate repetition of purposeful switch use either during the same session or on a separate occasion.
- Use two switches to control parts of the same activity e.g. during a game or changing channel and volume on a TV or music player.
- Use two switches to make a choice eg. using one switch to turn on an activity or machine and another switch to turn the machine off or stop the activity.