What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Know social networking sites with chatroom facilities.
Understand ways to keep safe when using chatrooms.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Research three different chatrooms used by your age group
- Survey a group of friends to find out which is the most popular
- Research two high profile cases where chatrooms have been used inappropriately by adults
- Design a poster or leaflet showing the main features in each of the two cases
- Describe two methods of keeping safe when communicating in a chatroom
- Identify two organisations that can offer advice on chatroom safety
- Design a poster containing details of support organisations available to young people
- Describe what is meant by "parental control"