What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to identify the risks associated with Social Media (such as Facebook; Twitter; Instagram).
Be able to identify sources of support available for people using social media such as Facebook; Twitter; Instagram.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- As part of a group discussion, identify how often people use social media to communicate with people they have never met.
- As part of a group discussion, identify one advantage and one disadvantage of communicating through social media with someone you have never met.
- Explain what to do if someone you have never met wants to meet up with you.
- Describe what the term 'Grooming' means.
- Identify at least two people or organisations who can offer support if you think someone is being 'Groomed'.