What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Respond to other people in the community.
Initiate interactions with other people in the community.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Use simple sentences to respond to a person in the community who is initiating verbal communication
- Demonstrate awareness of social cues e.g. facial expression, body language, common greetings and polite terms such as excuse me, please, thank you
- Use appropriate eye contact when interacting with people in the community
- Initiate an interaction with at least two different people in the community
- Ask two appropriate questions (e.g. the location of an item in a shop)