What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Recognise the use of local buildings and facilities.
Experience community groups.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Actively explore at least two contrasting local buildings eg. leisure centre, religious building, supermarket, shopping centre, market, gallery, museum, football ground
- Identify a function for a building using keywords or symbols
- Identify a key feature of a building using keywords or symbols
- Experience community groups eg. choir, football team, dance group, theatre group, cadets, walking for health
- Identify the activity undertaken by a community group
- Describe the activity being undertaken by the community group