What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Understand alphabetical order.
Be able to use a simple dictionary.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Order at least six names using 1st and 2nd letter placement eg people, cars, items
- Identify use of alphabetical order in at least two everyday situations eg index in a book (cookery), register (in schools/conference/meeting), online shopping index
- Use 1st and 2nd letter placement to find at least two familiar words
- Use knowledge of alphabetical order to find at least two unfamiliar words
- Use knowledge of alphabetical order to find the meaning of at least two simple unfamiliar words