What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Explain the difference between fact and opinion.
Research a topic and generate a personal response.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Describe the difference between a fact and an opinion
- Choose an issue or topic important to you and find five facts and five opinions about this
- State the importance of not confusing opinions with facts
- Research a chosen topic or issue and find out what other people think
- Explain the facts of the topic or issue
- Write what they think about the topic including both facts and opinions
- Use references appropriately