What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Experience opportunity to communicate own view or need.
Communicate own view or need.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Participate in five different sensory activities eg hand massage, massage mat, bubble tube, disco ball, solar projector, swing, rebound, hydrotherapy, musical instruments, balls, sensory foodstuffs, tastes, smells, textures, stacking, music, tac pac
- Explore objects and materials associated with contrasting sensory activities
- Sustain interest in three different sensory activities
- Use own communication strategies to indicate they would like a sensory activity to continue through known strategies such as facial expressions, engagement levels, vocalisation or gestures
- Use own communication strategies to indicate they have had enough, or would like a sensory activity to stop through known strategies such as facial expressions, engagement levels, vocalisation or gestures