What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to plan and prepare to go for a walk.
Be able to demonstrate keeping safe when walking a dog.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify appropriate clothing required to go for a walk outdoors with a dog
- Identify equipment needed for the walk, eg dog bags, lead, toys
- Identify an appropriate route or place to walk a dog
- State when they can let their dog off the lead
- Demonstrate walking a dog safely and responsibly on at least two occasions
- Safely dry, clean or brush a dog as appropriate after returning from a walk