What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to research the Roman invasion in Northern Britain.
Be able to summarise the findings from a field trip to a Roman settlement in Northern Britain.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- State when and where the Romans settled in Northern Britain
- State at least four facts about a battle that happened in Northern Britain during the Roman invasion
- Indicate on a map key towns or settlements that were important during the Roman era
- State which Roman settlement they will visit ie Vindolanda, Houseteads
- Record at least five facts during the field trip
- Record key information of any artefacts that impressed them
- Summarise their trip with a report of at least 250 words and photographic evidence