What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Intentionally explore objects and events for more extended periods.
Explore and experience a range of mark making tools and activities.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Use three different actions to explore materials or objects (e.g., shaking, stroking, banging, pressing, tipping, rolling, etc)
- Copy an action to explore a material or object; showing active interest in the activities and materials
- Sustain concentration on exploration for short periods (a couple of minutes) with help as needed
- Show an interest in making marks
- Use three to six different tools and materials to make marks with help as needed
- Copy an action to use a tool with help as needed