What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Understand how to speak to an older person.
Visit a care home and engage in a conversation with a resident.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Think about how they might need to change how they speak for the benefit of an older person e.g. speed of speech, volume and positioning
- Think about what they might talk to a resident about
- Introduce themselves to the resident
- Ask the resident a question
- Listen to the response from the resident
- Ask a follow-up question based on the residents' reply