What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to select the equipment they need to make a particular meal.
Be able to safely prepare ingredients, cook a meal and serve it.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Recognise different cooking equipment, such as sauce pans, frying pans, cheese graters, different chopping boards, mixing bowls, jugs, etc
- Demonstrate using different cooking equipment safely, e.g. safely using knives, graters, electric whisks, etc
- Demonstrate that they can cook food using methods such as frying, baking, boiling, roasting, simmering
- Demonstrate that they can cook a meal using at least one of the following items; an oven; a microwave; a hob; a toaster; a kettle
- Demonstrate that they can dish up an appropriate portion size as a meal