What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to develop knowledge of cartoon or comic strips in the style of Manga.
Be able to create a cartoon in the style of Manga and evaluate their work.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Carry out research into the Japanese style of cartoon/animation called Manga
- Identify parts of a storyline in a Manga comic
- Show an understanding of what the features of a Manga comic might be and identify key features
- Create a cartoon or comic strip using some of the features of Manga
- Include a beginning-middle-end storyline structure to the comic
- Look at the work of other group members and write a sentence on what they liked about the comic strip