What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to use a range of utensils and methods when following a recipe in a baking session.
Be able to identify basic health and safety practices during a baking session.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Use four or more baking utensils (rolling pin, wooden spoon, cutter) with minimal support
- Use four or more methods (stirring, mixing, rolling) with minimal adult support
- Follow a simple recipe, using symbols to support
- Demonstrate these skills on at least three occasions
- Identify four or more key safety practices when baking (washing hands, knife safety)
- Identify four or more unsafe practices when baking (unclean surfaces, hair not tied back)