What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Know different textures in textiles
Be able to use different fabrics to create a collage
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- State 5 textiles that have different textures.
- State how each of these textures feel i.e soft, smooth, bumpy, cold etc.
- Describe how the fabrics can be split into groups according to their texture.
- Choose 2 further different pieces of fabric to the textiles already identified that could be used to make a collage.
- Cut each piece of fabric to the required shape.
- Make the collage ensuring at least 3 different textures are included.
- Describe the collage to another person.