What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to prepare for a shopping trip to buy items for daily living requirements.
Be able to buy items for everyday living in a shop.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Recognise, from a selection, items that are required for daily living, e.g. cleaning products; milk; bread; fresh produce; hygiene products
Find and collect, in a familiar environment, items that they need to take with them to the shop, e.g. bags, shopping list, appropriate clothing such as a jacket
- Recognise and find items on their shopping list when taken to the correct isle
- Recognise, from a selection, who to ask for help if it is required
- Unload shopping from a trolley/basket onto the conveyer belt handling items with appropriate levels of care
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour and manners when interacting with a cashier to buy their items
- Hand over cash to pay for shopping items and wait for change