What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to prepare for a shopping trip to buy items for daily living requirements.
Be able to buy items for everyday living in a supermarket.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify items which need to be bought regularly for daily living, e.g. cleaning products; milk; bread; fresh produce; hygiene products
- Identify items that they need to take with them to the shop, e.g. bags, means of payment (cash/card), shopping list
- Identify the products they need to purchase
- Identify where they need to unload their trolley and pay
- Identify who to ask for help if required
- Demonstrate appropriate behaviour and manners when interacting with a cashier to buy their items
- Pay for items using cash or chip & pin
- Use a calculator to check if they have been given the correct change