What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Participate in activities to develop communication skills in the context of 'Going Places'.
Participate in activities to develop mathematic skills in the context of 'Going Places'.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Explore and respond to objects, pictures and symbols related to trips, travel and holidays e.g. bus, tram, train, plane, suitcase, sun, beach
- Match objects, images or symbols relating to trips, travel and holidays
- Explore different clothing for travelling to a particular destination
- Find items, when they are named, to take on a trip or holiday e.g. wallet, coat, sun hat, towel
- Participate in counting a range of items needed for a holiday e.g. three t-shirts, four pairs of trousers
- Respond to a request to find two of an item for a trip or holiday
- Participate in shopping activities related to a trip or holiday e.g buying a ticket, buying gifts, buying clothes