What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Follow a number or colour sequence to apply tiles to an area approximately one metre square.
Follow initial steps in using a spirit level to check horizontal plane.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Apply a base-line row of tiles, using spacers to ensure tiles are spaced appropriately apart
- Apply further rows of tiles, using spacers and checking horizontal plane between each row
- Adjust tiles if necessary (with appropriate support)
- Follow instructions to use a spirit level to ensure horizontal tile-line
- Follow instructions to adjust tiles to ensure a level horizontal tile-line