What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to develop knowledge of cartoon or comic strips in the style of Manga.
Be able to create a cartoon in the style of Manga and evaluate their work.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Carry out research into the Japanese style of cartoon/animation called Manga
- Identify the purpose in a text
- Show an understanding of the writing structure of a comic/cartoon strip
- Show an understanding of a plot structure
- Create a cartoon or comic strip in the style of Manga
- Include a plot line to the story
- Use appropriate lay-out and presentation
- Use appropriate materials to create drawings to enhance work
- Gather feedback on their work from others and identify how it could be improved
- Use feedback to improve their work