What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to plan a workplace letter for a given scenario.
Be able to construct a workplace letter following a plan and using a template.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify where the sender address appears on a letter
- Identify an appropriate opening to a letter from a choice of suggestions eg Dear Sir, Mr Jones, To whom it may concern
- Identify and record information for a letter for a given scenario, through responding to questioning, using appropriate support
- Identify an appropriate ending for a workplace letter
- Add a sender and recipient address to a letter template with verbal prompting
- Add a date to a letter template with verbal prompting
- Write a letter from a given scenario, using an appropriate opening and ending greeting