What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to use different equipment to measure length.
Be able to use and compare standard and non-standard unit formats when measuring length.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Use standard equipment to measure length eg ruler, metre stick, tape measure
- Use non-standard equipment to measure length eg cubes, handspans
- Use a standard method for measuring length eg centimetres, metres
- Use a non-standard method for measuring length eg book, table
- Compare the standard and non-standard methods used for measuring length