What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to safely carry the Tenon saw when moving around the workshop.
Use the correct technique to cut the wood with the Tenon saw.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Hold the Tenon safely, whilst moving around the workshop; down to one side with the blade pointing down or in their lap if in a wheelchair
- Demonstrate carrying the saw safely on at least three occasions
- Tighten the clamp or vice, sufficiently to securely hold the wood
- Hold the Tenon saw with the handle
- Use the Tenon saw to safely cut the wood using the method demonstrated by the tutor