What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to research and identify key information surrounding the Chinese New Year.
Be able to take part in activities associated with the Chinese New Year.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Identify China on a world map and compare with the U.K
- Research the significance of the Chinese dragon
- State why the colour red is associated with the Chinese New Year
- Research two traditional dishes that would be served during the Chinese New Year
- Take part in a traditional Chinese banquet
- Produce a traditional Chinese lantern
- Identify the differences between the Chinese calender and the Gregorian calender
- Research the Chinese alphabet and to produce their name using this