What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to perform regular exercise with guidance from staff.
Be able to set up a basic fitness circuit with support from staff.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Take part in physical activity on a weekly basis
- Perform different exercises at the level that best suites them but adapting movements
- Experience different forms of exercise such as body weight, resistance training and cardio vascular machines
- Set up a basic fitness circuit using different pieces of equipment such as cardio vascular machines, mats, benches and weights
- Perform a basic fitness circuit as directed by staff
- Understand the long and short term affect of physical exercise on physical and mental health