What the learner needs to know, understand or be able to do
The learner will:
Be able to follow safe practices when participating in sporting activities.
Be able to perform exercises, movements and warm up and cool down correctly.
What the learner need to demonstrate in order to meet the learning outcome
The learner can:
- Wear correct clothing and footwear for the activity; removing any jewellery
- Choose the correct equipment appropriate for sporting activities
- Carry equipment correctly eg two to a bench
- Perform a warm up, using heart raising activities to prepare for activities
- Ensure all exercise and movements are performed with control to reduce the risk of injury
- Perform a cool down